Public Notices for Pesticide Applications - Please click HERE to see the Public Notice for the continued application of public health pesticides by the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District. This is also available on their website https://www.ocvector.org/.
Canyon View's Handbook - Click HERE to see information about Canyon View including the General Rules & Expectations, Playground Supervision, Health Guidelines and more.
Traveling To and From School - At Canyon View, student safety is our number one priority! To ensure that our students can independently navigate the trip to and from school safely, we have been collaborating with IPD to make sure we are doing all we can. Currently, they are actively investigating pedestrian and auto traffic patterns along our walk to school routes to identify the most impactful structural changes to nearby intersections and roadways. During this time, you will notice an increase in officer presence during high traffic times. Please take time to express your appreciation to the officers for their commitment to keeping students safe by upholding safe driving laws with all drivers.
As a school site, we will continue to educate students about pedestrian and bicycle safety. Teachers will regularly reinforce with students the importance of being mindful of surroundings at all times.
Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. We implore all drivers to take special precautions when driving near the school. While structural changes and traffic laws provide the guidelines for driving behavior, it is ultimately up to drivers to make safe choices behind the wheel. Make the choice every time you get in your car to slow down, pay attention, and protect everyone in our community, most especially our children.
Crosswalks - YOUR CHILDREN ARE WATCHING! Parents, please take the time to walk to either of the designated crosswalks to cross the street. This is essential for student safety, and by modeling safe choices, you are teaching your children how to be safe as well. Drivers, please make sure to drive slowly and follow all traffic laws.
Safety Tips - The Irvine Police Department, in partnership with IUSD and the PTA, has created a traffic safety video with important tips for pedestrians, bicyclists and drivers in and around school zones, driveways and crosswalks. When it comes to the safety of our students on the roadways, we're in this together! Let’s get them to and from school safely.
IPD Traffic Safety Tips:
- Leave early. You won’t have to rush if you plan for a little extra time.
- Obey all traffic, bike and pedestrian laws and signs, especially in school zones.
- When biking or skating wear a proper fitting helmet.
- Drop children off in the designated locations. Do not allow children to get out of the car in the middle of the street.
- Remember that everyone has the same goal of getting their children to school safely, so be patient with other drivers and pedestrians.
- Always obey crossing guards.
- Always use crosswalks.
- Do not engage in distracted driving. This is especially dangerous in school zones.
- IPD traffic officers patrol the streets near schools to ensure safety. Remember to slow down and make complete stops at stop signs.
To watch the video with more safety tips, click here.
Thank you for your continued support!